Safer Recruitment Policy for Classroom365 Limited
Safer Recruiting and Hiring Practices
Classroom365 Limited is dedicated to ensuring the highest standards in recruitment, particularly given our focus on providing ICT support to the educational sector. This policy outlines our commitment to safeguarding children and young people in our working environment.
We engage with specialised recruiters experienced in providing staff within the educational sector, ensuring familiarity with safeguarding practices.
2. Job Advertisement
Vacancies are advertised with educational sector-specific recruiters. It’s mandatory to inform potential candidates about the requirement for a Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as part of the recruitment process.
3. Shortlisting and References
- References are sought before the selection stage to identify any discrepancies.
- Direct contact with referees is mandatory to ensure authenticity.
- Specific safeguarding-related questions are asked of referees.
4. The Selection Process
- Face-to-face interviews are essential. Telephone interviews may be used during short-listing but are not a substitute for the primary interview.
- Candidates must clarify employment gaps, discrepancies in information, potential DBS check content, and demonstrate safeguarding awareness.
5. Employment Checks
- Proof of identity and the right to work in the UK are required.
- Compliance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 and DBS Code of Practice Regulations.
- Verification of qualifications and professional status.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct is required for individuals with significant periods spent outside the UK, with specific exemptions.
6. Offer of Appointment
Employment offers are contingent on satisfactory completion of all relevant checks, including enhanced DBS clearance.
- Induction training includes Classroom365’s safeguarding policies and safe working practices.
- Regular review meetings are conducted during the initial employment period.
8. Legal Compliance
This policy aligns with UK laws and regulations, including the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 and the Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. Regular updates will be made to ensure compliance with current legal standards.
9. Continuous Professional Development
Ongoing training and support for staff in safeguarding practices will be provided to maintain high child protection and welfare standards.
10. Monitoring and Review
This policy will be reviewed regularly and updated in accordance with changes in legislation and best practices in safeguarding and child protection.
11. Policy Accessibility
This policy will be accessible to all staff and associated personnel to ensure awareness and understanding of Classroom365’s safeguarding commitments and practices.
This policy reflects Classroom365 Limited’s commitment to maintaining a safe and secure environment for children and young people in the educational institutions we serve. The inclusion of specific legal references ensures compliance with UK safeguarding laws and regulations. Regular training and monitoring affirm our ongoing dedication to these principles.