Photocopiers for Schools – MFP Leasing for Education
Choosing a school photocopier lease should be easy. Still, with photocopier contracts for schools making the national news only a few years ago, it is wise to be wary of any “too good to be true” photocopier leases offered by companies that may disappear tomorrow.
Classroom365 offers the following photocopier for schools packages:
- DFE approved leasing and rental agreements.
- Low cost per page printing and maintenance contracts.
- Local support from experienced photocopier engineers. 20 years of working in schools have taught us that if a school photocopier breaks down, it must be fixed ASAP.
Please complete our contact form below or telephone our office for more information.
Choosing a School Photocopier or MFP Device Contract
When choosing photocopiers for schools, there are plenty of things to keep in mind. For most schools, the initial and ongoing print costs are the driving factor for choosing a multifunction printer (MFP). All purchasing options must be considered. Some of the choices are as follows:
- Outright purchase of the photocopier. A sizeable initial outlay with low ongoing costs, purchasing toner ink as and when required. A maintenance contract may be included with the purchase.
- Leasing a school photocopier. Leasing options are generally for around 3-4 years, with the possibility of a windfall payment at the end of the leasing contract, whereby the school can keep the copier.
- Quarterly rental and paying for each page printed. These costs typically range from £0.002 per mono page and £0.02 per colour page.
Next, consider the different brands available and compare features to find the perfect fit for your school’s needs.
Print speeds and the ability to use different paper sizes are generally critical. In our experience, some brands are more reliable than others and have different features either included as standard or as an additional add-on.
Photocopiers for Schools - Free Quote
For example, a staple finisher and hole punch can be helpful for some clients. Remember, this is another part that could go wrong or cause a paper jam. The school photocopiers will need to be opened and restocked with staples, adding more variables to an already complicated machine. On the other hand, a document finisher for booklet printing is helpful for many schools in sorting pages into bundles, especially if many copies of lengthy documents are required.
Thirdly, consider how your school manages and stores documents, now or soon. Paper records were the norm in the past, and files were kept in physical cabinets. Now, you can store those paper records electronically with various options. Your supplier may offer the configuration of your new copier for one of the following:
- A file server is the most common format; your MFP can send documents directly to the server or an email address.
- Document management systems can store, track and manage documents. This has numerous benefits, including improved security, more accessible access for authorised users, and reduced storage costs. In addition, electronic document management systems often come equipped with powerful search tools that make it easy to find specific files.
- Cloud-based DMS such as Microsoft Sharepoint and Google Drive are common, as are third-party solutions such as DocuWare. For more information on our cloud services, visit our ICT service and installation page here.
Lastly, is print management software included with the photocopier options proposed? PaperCut for schools is a great solution to reduce printing costs for your school, and a free trial is often included with photocopier contracts.
A Trusted Multifunction Device (MFD) Partner
Here at Classroom365, we have a partnership with a trusted photocopier company and can offer a free quotation and management audit. Our cost effective print solutions are simple, transparent and reliable with local support. Our preferred manufacturers are Ricoh with the IM office printer range and the Kyocera TASKalfa series. Both offer the very latest technology for print and copying solutions. You can learn more about the Kyocera TASKalfa photocopiers on our dedicated page.
An example photocopier package from Classroom35 would be:
Photocopier Contracts for Schools – Kyocera TASKalfa 6054ci
Kyocera is a leading manufacturer of photocopiers and printers. Kyocera multifunction printers are designed for durability and easy maintenance.
- Colour printing of up to 60 pages per minute
- Large storage capacity of 320GB HDD and 4GB RAM
- 320 sheet document processor
- Auto delete blank pages
- Automatic document feeder
- A3 and A4 paper sizes with duplex printing
- Data security kit for GDPR compliance: 2, ISO/IEC 15408
- Kyocera mobile print app
- Low carbon footprint with eco-friendly toners, and 99% of the plastic used is recyclable
- Optional staple finisher and booklet printing
A typical school photocopier contract and lease agreement would include the following:
- 3 or 4-year quarterly rental and fixed cost per page (mono and colour)
- Complete toner supply
- Excellent quality support
- Servicing and parts included
- 4-hour response emergency callout
- Remote diagnostics, software updates and patches as necessary
For the next steps and a free quote on photocopier leasing, please get in touch with us.
Mark Friend, BSc (Hons), is a Company Director at Classroom365 and has worked in technology for nearly 30 years. His IT career started with Rothschild Bank in Sydney, Australia, before working as a Global VPN Project Manager for the British Council. Mark has 20 years of experience in the UK education sector, helping schools integrate the latest tech into their curriculum and ICT vision.