SMART Learning Suite software is the complete package to use SMART Boards in the classroom. Its core components are:
- SMART Notebook Plus, the popular interactive software for schools and with the Learning Suite subscription, enables teachers to use any interactive device, not just SMART Boards.
- SMART Lumio is a collaborative tool for creating online lessons to share in classrooms and remote learning.
- SMART Exchange, where teachers can share their lessons and activities online while connected to Lumio.
To learn more about a SMART Learning Suite licence, please complete the form below, and we will get back to you quickly with a price.
What is SMART Lumio?
SMART Lumio online is lesson-building software that can be used on any Windows, IOS and Chromebook device. You will need a SMART Account and can access your lessons anywhere with an internet connection. There is a free and paid version, which is part of the Learning Suite software.
Lumio online has the following features:
- Compatibility with SMART Notebook software, and you can import Notebook files, edit and enhance them to create a brand new lesson.
- Insert PDF files, YouTube videos and hundreds of available resources from within Lumio or the SMART Exchange – a community of teachers sharing and contributing to teaching resources worldwide.
- Make lessons interactive by adding games, activities and quizzes.
- Integration with Google Workspace – search the Marketplace to share on Google Drive.
- Integration with Microsoft Teams – search for the Lumio app from within Teams, and then you can share any lesson creations directly.
- Create formative assessments, then share them with your class, perfect for remote learning.
- Add a collaborative workspace to lessons, encouraging student interaction and contributions.
SMART Learning Suite Price - Find Out More
For a SMART Learning Suite price, including Lumio and Notebook software, please get in touch with us.
Is SMART Learning Suite Free?
The SMART Learning Suite subscription is approximately £30 to £45 per SMART Board, depending on the number of licences you require and the subscription length. There are price breaks for the number of licences ordered, and the longer the subscription term, the cheaper the annual cost. A 5-year subscription is more affordable per year than a 1-year subscription. With a subscription, the software will work on any interactive display screen.
There is much misleading information online about what is included with the different models of SMART Board. To confirm, the SMART GX range and the MX Series price include the SMART Notebook software. The SMART Learning Suite is an extra subscription cost.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the differences between the paid and free Lumio versions?
With the free version of Lumio, you can only save up to 10 lessons, counted as 50Mb of space. All the features are included.
What is the difference between the SMART Learning Suite and the online version?
SMART Learning Suite Online includes Lumio and Notebook Plus, enabling you to access all your Notebook lessons and files from anywhere with a browser while connected to the internet.
Mark Friend, BSc (Hons), is a Company Director at Classroom365 and has worked in technology for nearly 30 years. His IT career started with Rothschild Bank in Sydney, Australia, before working as a Global VPN Project Manager for the British Council. Mark has 20 years of experience in the UK education sector, helping schools integrate the latest tech into their curriculum and ICT vision.