Carbon Reduction Plan and Commitment to Net Zero
Carbon Emissions and Reduction Targets
As operations recommenced post-lockdown, many SMEs like ours were faced with the challenge of increased emissions. To address this, we made it compulsory for all staff to undergo environmental sustainability training. Our action plan to monitor and control our carbon footprint is twofold: leveraging innovative network security technologies that promote eco-friendliness and implementing a culture of sustainability within our workforce.
Here are the initiatives we are promoting:
We are committed to encouraging and rewarding our staff, suppliers, customers, and the broader community for engaging in environmental preservation and improvement efforts.
Technological Investments for Emission Reduction:
Our investment strategy is focused on embracing and deploying technologies within our service delivery chain that are not only secure but also carbon-conscious, reducing emissions at every step.
Carbon Monitoring and Reporting:
To ensure transparency and continuous improvement, we’re investing in robust systems to monitor and report our carbon emissions, both within our organisation and across our supply chain.
Advocating for Sustainable Practices:
We stand behind the UK Government’s 25-year environmental plan by promoting sustainable production and consumption, thus supporting the enhancement of environmental quality.
Setting Emissions Targets:
Our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint is quantified in our emissions reduction targets, as outlined in the table below, detailing our continuous monitoring and application of control strategies.
Showcasing Our Progress:
Following COVID-19, adopting a hybrid work policy has significantly decreased our carbon emissions, primarily by reducing the daily commute. We continue to advocate for energy-conscious behaviour in the office, such as the prudent use of public transport and energy-efficient practices like turning off idle electronics.
We’re exploring integrating intelligent technologies such as occupancy monitoring systems for automated lighting control. Such innovations not only secure our digital infrastructure but also contribute to our environmental goals. Long-term investments are on the horizon, with renewable energy and intelligent building management systems as pivotal components of our strategy. The potential ROI is twofold: enhanced security and sustainability. Our journey to becoming a paperless office is also a testament to our dedication to environmental stewardship, leveraging cloud-based solutions like Microsoft 365 to minimise reliance on paper and promote digital efficiency.
In alignment with the PPN 06/21 guidelines and greenhouse gas reporting protocols, we’re committed to a transparent and accountable approach to carbon reduction. Our Carbon Reduction Plan reflects this commitment, detailing our emissions across all relevant scopes and standards. You can learn more about Classroom365’s environmental responsibility in our Environmental Policy.
Classroom365’s Net Zero Policy
This policy outlines Classroom365’s commitment to achieving Net Zero carbon emissions and provides a framework for reducing our carbon footprint in line with UK law and best environmental practices.
1. Scope of Policy
This policy applies to all operations, services, and activities of Classroom365, including but not limited to office management, procurement, travel, and contractor activities.
2. Classroom365’s Commitment to Net Zero
Classroom365 is committed to:
- Achieving Net Zero carbon emissions by 2030.
- Continuously improving energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations.
- Incorporating carbon reduction considerations into business decisions and operations.
3. Strategy for Implementation
To achieve our Net Zero commitment, Classroom365 will:
- Assess and regularly monitor our carbon footprint.
- Develop and implement a carbon management plan with clear targets and timelines.
- Invest in energy-efficient technologies and renewable energy sources.
- Promote sustainable travel options and implement a green travel policy.
- Engage with suppliers to encourage and, where possible, require lower carbon options.
- Reduce waste, promote recycling, and use sustainable materials.
4. Reporting and Transparency
- Report annually on our carbon emissions and reduction activities.
- Make our carbon footprint publicly available to maintain transparency.
- Ensure accurate and reliable data collection for monitoring and reporting purposes.
5. Responsibility for Implementing
- The Company Directors are responsible for the overall implementation of this policy.
- All contractors and employees are responsible for adhering to this policy in their day-to-day operations.
6. Training and Awareness
- Provide appropriate training for staff to raise awareness of carbon reduction issues.
- Encourage employees and contractors to make sustainable choices in the workplace and personally.
7. Continuous Improvement
Classroom365 is committed to:
- Regularly reviewing and updating our carbon reduction strategy.
- Exploring innovative solutions to reduce our carbon emissions further.
- Engaging with our stakeholders to improve our environmental performance.
8. Carbon Policy Review
This policy will be reviewed bi-annually or in response to significant legislative or organisational changes.
For a detailed exploration of our initiatives, environmental impact, and the security benefits of our network technologies, please get in touch. Together, we can navigate a path that is both digitally secure and environmentally sustainable.